Sunday, May 23, 2010

The way the technology works (or doesn't)

So, group projects. I've... never been a fan. Even in real life classes with class time devoted to working on the projects I just can't get into them. I don't like the idea that other people's scores are resting partially on my meager shoulders and mine on theirs. There's too much that can go wrong.

But, that's neither here nor there.

As far as it goes, the technology was marginally effective. The wiki was a bit confusing for me and I'm still a bit fuzzy as to the real world applications of a wiki that's not a massive encyclopedia or set up for a huge fandom, like Marvel Comics or Star Trek (personal favorites. Yes, I'm a nerd. We've established this before). What does a wiki succeed in doing that a message board or email string cannot? The possibility of one page viewing? Maybe. But if that's it, it seems like it's a lot of hassle for not a lot of benefit.

Discussion boards were discussion boards. I'm not great with them, but I'm getting better with the practice that is demanded from being in online classes.

That's about it, I guess.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment